Timeline of computing presents events in the history of computing organized by year and grouped into six topic areas: predictions and concepts, first use and inventions, hardware systems and processors, operating systems, programming languages, and new application areas.
Detailed computing timelines: before 1950, 1950â"1979, 1980â"1989, 1990â"1999, 2000-2009, 2010-
- History of compiler construction
- History of computing hardware â" up to third generation (1960s)
- History of computing hardware (1960sâ"present) â" third generation and later
- History of the graphical user interface
- History of the Internet
- List of pioneers in computer science
- Stephen White, A Brief History of Computing
- The Computer History in time and space, Graphing Project, an attempt to build a graphical image of computer history, in particular operating systems.
- The Computer Revolution/Timeline at Wikibooks
- "panels-multi-page.pdf - Timeline.pdf" (PDF). pdf.js. 2012. Retrieved June 16, 2015.Â
- Visual History of Computing